If you’ve ever gotten out of the shower at the gym and faced the sinking feeling of not having packed a towel, then you’ll understand why it’s vital to pre-pack and check your gym bag for the essentials. Here’s a quick round up of the conventional, and the not-so conventional items you’ll need to remember:
1. Lock for your gym locker: we’re all about sharing, but not when it’s your wallet or cell-phone
2. Gym towel and water bottle: these are the basics, get your act together!
3. Gym kit and shoes: Whether it’s cleats and a chamois for spinning, or leg warmers for Barre – make sure you’ve got the gear
4. A well-fitted sports bra: This is a critical item. It should be good quality and fit correctly.
5. A shower towel: Hopefully you’ll be hitting the showers for a 90 second rinse after your session, and you aren’t going to use your teeny gym towel to do the job
6. Bluetooth headphones: nobody likes an earphone cable when trying to dominate the treadmill. Invest in a simple pair of Bluetooth ear pods for added motivation during your cardio workout.
7. Slops: Don’t hit those showers without adequate foot protection. Gyms these days keep their showers in tip top condition, but leaving your tootsies unprotected from all sorts of nasties just isn’t right.
8. Deodorant: If you’re new to the gyming scene, you’re soon to discover that even after you’ve showered, you continue to sweat as your body cools. Arm yourself with a quality anti-perspirant to mask the odour. The roll-on range from Shower to Shower offers 48-hour protection and they have a variety of fragrances to suit any taste. If you’re worried, then follow your roll-on with one of Shower to Shower’s fresh spray deodorants. Added protection from the pong.
9. Moisturiser: We all know that awful after-shower feeling when your skin feels tight and dry. Take along a good moisturiser for your face and body to combat parched skin.
10. Wet bag: What’s this you might ask? Well, you’ve just off-loaded litres of body fluid into your gyming kit over the course of the workout, and now you’re going to tuck it into your gym bag to infiltrate the rest of the contents. Don’t do it! Take a bag that is waterproof and big enough to hold your soiled gear – that way it’s quarantined and ready for the washing machine when you get home.